SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I use in-line CSS to code a roll-over?

I would like to do a simple roll-over link on an old forum that allows the use of HTML. I can't edit the CSS document or the page source, but I can use HTML in a post. Is there a way to do a simple roll-over with in-line CSS and HTML code? It would swap a word for a small graphic and link to another site (such as the sentence "Only YOU can prevent forest fires." where the YOU becomes a pointing finger when you hover over it and links to a Forest Service site).

The standard for the page is underlined blue links, but I know that can be changed with a text-decoration style change. I just can't figure out how to make the link a roll-over. Thanks for any help.

Grump

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

No? not really, but try this

<a href="##" onmouseover="this.style.color='#66ccff';" onmouseout="this.style.color='#ff0000';"
    style=" text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; font-size: 5.9em ;color:#ff0000;">12345</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, all4nerds, that does work. Is there a way to replace the onmouseover text color to an image?

Grump

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

try this

<a href="##" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundImage='url(y.jpg)'" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundImage='url(x.jpg)'"
    style=" text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; font-size: 5.9em ;color:#ff0000;background:url(x.jpg)">12345</a>