SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wholesale: How to recruit quality Resellers / Powersellers?

We are a small consumer electronics distributor, with our own brand in the market, primarily marketing products via the internet. Our brands are in the growth stage in their PLC (product life cycle) and interestingly the large names (e.g. samsungs, sony etc.) are yet to enter this category.

Over the past 4-5 months we have had relatively less success in recruiting "quality" resellers. We have about 5-6 resellers/ebay powersellers already with us, but our growth in recruitment hasnt been significant enough. We *think* we provide ample support/margins to our resellers... and thats why none of our resellers have left us. But havent found some good quality resellers joining us.

We are not interested in gowing with the giant distributors like Ingram and TechData - I think their channel structure defeats the whole e-commerce dis-intermediation model.

Would like to get some ideas going w.r.t. our strategy and what may be going on? Is our small size a detriment to our legitimacy or validity? How do small businesses achieve higher levels of distribution? Should we be looking at some places which we havent been?

thanks for any help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that when your products are in the growth stage of the PLC you should concentrate on diversifying your distribution channels, especially if we are talking about a unique product/product category.

Since you are in the growth stage, I believe you started to make profit with your product. In that case, it's the right moment to take care of your market position. You won't always stay there alone. Sooner or later others are going to try to get under your niche, too.

Now to get a strong hold on the market you have to get customers to know your brand and to trust it. Besides you should work on the quality and price of the products to make it impossible or difficult for others to enter your market.
    You can achieve all these things if you've got the right budget. Sales and profit are the keys here to finance your marketing strategies.

Long story short: get more retailers to get more sales and to be able to finance a large scale marketing strategy.

Ebay is alright, but that's kind of limited if you are serious.
    You may want to talk to different electronics online stores and offer them your products.

In general don't limit your self to e-commerce only.

Also:
    - Do you ship internationally?
    - Do you dropship?

If the answer is yes, you may want to recruit some webmasters who'd be interested to sell your products.

I'd love to hear more about your product.
    Hope that helped

e-marketing articles

my private collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still wonder what your idea of a quality reseller is... ?

e-marketing articles

my private collection