SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original News Hack problem (phpBB)

I have also installed the "admin can only post" hack and got it with no problems. I changed the forum over to admin can only post new threads" then installed the news hack. But when I post as a admin or moderator, it says it can't post to the database. When I click forum index, it says 0 posts in the forum, and when I click the forum, the posts are there! But when I click the posts, it says "error connecting to database" Anyone know what's going on?

I'm using version 1.4.2, you can see this error in action at my site then click forums and go to the Discussion board.

I'd also like to know how to get this hack working outside of the phpBB folder. What I want is exactly what this hack was meant to do. Post threads on the Discussion board, see them on my home page with comments. But I'd love to solve the problem at hand first.

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you posted this at my site also... since my site has hacks and here at SitePoint, most people will have no idea what a News Hack or this news hack is... maybe this is best left to a phpBB site.

However... I am sure someone like mmj might be able to help you here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I know two things. A lot of ppl here like phpBB, and this site has more traffic. That prompted the post. I'm really short on time, that's the reason for the crossposting. I'm being told in the reviews section that my site sucks and I better change it before the search engines pick me up.