SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emailing software

I have an autoresponder with getresponse.com with about 5,000 email address and their names.

I want to mail these people periodcially and I can do that with getreponse, but they want a $29 fee per month to do so.

Therefore, I am considering downloading the list in comma delimited format and running it through some sort of email program.

Any recommendations on what type of program will suit?

I presume I have to be careful using such a program with my ISP as it may overload their system. Do these email programs send a restricted number of emails every few hours?

Thanks,

Jon

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would probably be best to load them into a mailing list script at one of those free sites. They're used to having to send out thousands of emails at once, while your ISP would probably not allow it. Check out the following free mailing list providers: http://www.freecenter.com/maillist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm needing the same thing, but my list is only about 150 to 175 e-mail addresses.

I don't think I want to trust a "free" service with this, so any suggestions on a software program that will allow me to manage my list on my computer?

Sorry, but I've been left out in the cold, so to speak, by some free services that decided to delete some of it's users without warning.....Nothing in life is truly free, including the net.