SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Host Directory Forums

We've been building a nice community since October last year, we've seen some excellent growth over the last 3 months and averaged over 300 new members a month for the past 2 months.

The problem we're having is getting new members to contribute. We're probably only seeing around 5% of new members posting, which seems low compared to other boards.

Any advice is welcome http://forums.webhostdir.com

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

We're still experiencing the same usage levels. Can anyone tell me whether this is normal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a lot of competition and you have to give people a reason to be active there. That's why I say things aren't picking up. Upon visiting, you have a very nice site and good quality, but it's nothing new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,

We are unique in the percentage of buyers to sellers present on the boards. Around 80% of our members are consumers with the remaining 20% being actively involved in the hosting industry.

Maybe we should be highlighting that fact as members join. Also we're not currently sending out any welcome emails to new members. Do you recommend this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I would! That's we do and it will help some. Also, you might consider installing the hack "Community Bulletin Generator" so you can send regular mailings to all your members and yet allow them to unsubscribe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hack for Welcome Email

Thanks for the tip. I'm downloading the Community Bulletin Generator hack and will try it.

I had a really good look for a hack that allows you to automatically send an email when a new member activates their account. Does such a hack exist?