SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Suggestion for e-commerce (?) CMS...

Hi everyone... I have a bit trouble in deciding which e-commerce (?) or any other content management system to use. The characteristics of the website are as listed below:

1. There's no money transaction of any sort involved.

2. Only one type of product is involved (not like selling computer hardware got keyboards, monitors, etc).

3. Customer request for a product that they want (cannot be found at the website yet) eg. filled in an online form and necessary info will be saved in db. Then when the db (updated later by admin) has the product that the customer is looking for, a notification will be sent to the customer and dealer.

4. Customer choose the product they like and attach the details to online email and send to dealer.

5. Require a backend update system where admin view, edit, delete, or add new product and up to 5 pictures to be included on the product detail page. All products are shown in a gallery style format and can be sorted by date and alphabetical order.

I guess no matter which open source e-commerce framework will be too overkilling (especially the admin area) for this website... but what do you think? I mean is there a closest match to fit my requirement? I think an open source e-commerce framework can be made use of… just that need super lots of modification (particularly at the admin area, to simplify it)… but I REALLY not too sure about #3… can it be done? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Deryn; Jan 4, 2006 at 05:52.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't use the ecommerce part of it, but eZpublish would be able to do all the things your after. It also pretty easy to adapt to other tasks - so #4 shouldn't be a problem.

The ecommerce interface is also pretty simple. So if you just login to that part, you should be fine. http://www.ez.no

Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Anyway, I decided to code from scratch... it seems that I complicated the whole thing (miscommunication >_>).

SitePoint Enthusiast weblife-design's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try oscommerce and to install components, modules what do you like.
    MySpace tools, on sale: MySpace tools DON'T MISS IT!
    PM me, exchanges possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what you want I would say CRELoaded for a strict e-commerce solution or Mambo/Joomla which migh have to be modified slightly to accomodate the number of pictures need on the details page. But nothing really hard to do.