SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's funny

I have only been recieving the majority of my spam mail for about six months. I have filled out many applications, and joined many sites, programs and opportunities for one reason or another.

However, first of all, I recieve ten times the amount of mail than I would expect to recieve from such programs. I think it's funny that nearly every form has a disclaimer saying that the info will not be passed on. It is obvious that many people do not adhere to their claims. So, that's one thing that I think is funny.

I have recently come to realise (I don't know why I didn't pick it up earlier), that out of the hundreds of spam mails I get every single week, no matter how careful I am with what I subscribe to, and no matter how carefully I check over the forms to make sure that there aren't any boxes pre-ticked, I still get mail from 3rd parties.

The funniest thing of all, is that the mails I recieve are all clones. If I sort through the hundreds of spam mails, I will find that there are really only several mails. They are all just a variation of each other, or if they 'are' different, they still end up at the same product, service or site.

Now, I have never ever given any money to anyone, to find out what their email is about, but it is blatantly obvious. There are a few smart cookies at the top that are persuading thousands of little clones to spread their spam, with promises of fortunes and riches. I don't have to pay anyone any money to be able to figure that out, and I'm not Eistein.

What is most funny of all, is firstly the irony of recieving mails that all end up in the same cooking pot, and the fact that 90% of them would have come from the same forms that I filled out, those forms that claimed that the info would not be passed on, but all of these people that are spreading the word of fortune and riches actually think that they are going to be rewarded financially!!!

*HaHa*HaHa*HaHa*HaHa*HaHa*

Just in case there is anyone that reads this, that is guilty of such stupidity, I would like to give you some advice. Now, by all means feel free to toss this advice out the window, and feel free to tear it apart, and flame me until you go blue in the face, but I will simply be laughing my head off at you....

There is ONE way to make money on the net. You need to set something up FOR YOURSELF! You might purchase a sophisticated MLM script. You might purchase a sohisticated banner exchange script, or a tracking script, complete with an MLM downline. Hell, you might even go as far as paying a Perl programmer to make one of your ideas into a reality, but what ever you do, you need to make something of your own. Until you learn that, you will always be the looser.

It's the same with FFA pages, and Topsites and... I could go on all day. The ONLY way to get something out of these things is to make your own. You don't need to be a millionare. If you don't have a whole lot of money, experience or resources, then start with a simple idea. Create a program OF YOUR OWN that will create traffic for your site. It doesn't matter where the traffic is comming from, but the fact remains that if you get traffic, you will make money:

"IF YOU CONVERT THAT TRAFFIC INTO PAYING CUSTOMERS OF YOUR OWN PROGRAM."

It is not easy to get traffic. Why pass the leads onto someone else for next to nothing? If you can hold on to that visitor/potential customer, you will get ten times the reward. Even if your idea is simple. Even if it just concentrates on getting more traffic.

If you have a site that has 100 visitors a day and you have nothing but affiliate links and popups there, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you will be sitting at your computer miserably doing what you are doing, in 12 months from now (if you do not re-think your approach).

Stuff the middle man. Set your goals high, and make something for yourself. I write this to help ppl wake up to themselves, and to try to get some people to realise that 90% of affiliates on the net are being taken for a ride.

If you do use other peoples programs for your site, that is ok, but just don't rely on them 100%. At the very least, just use them until you can replace them with your equivalent 'own' similar program.

MrLeN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my theory: Years back, a few marketeers had some spambot programs written. The marketeers subsequently died. However, their spambots continued on and even metastasized. At this point, the bots keep pumping out the spam- but their are no humans to send the profits back to! There is a bright side: in future the spambots will evolve to the point where they only send spam to *each other*. Eternally harassing each other and leaving us in peace.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

That's deep

MrLeN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bots live on.

Case in point: Last week I helped my friend sign up with a new ISP. Litterally with on minutes of getting his email address he had spam!!! How they heck did they get his email address so quickly?! It's not a common email address either.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!