User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems after moving to a new host

Hello,

We have just decided to switch to a new server and I have been trying to get everything working on the new host. I have been able to get our forums, blogs etc. working without too much hassle but surprisingly I haven't been able to get the little presentation script working. I have been reading through webpages and forums but because my knowledge of PHP is limited I don't know what could make the script work on our old host but not on the new on.

My guess is that it has something to do with different PHP & MySQL versions.
    My old host was using following PHP and MySQL versions:
    PHP VERSION: 4.4.0, mySQL VERSION: 3.23.58

New host is using the following versions:
    PHP VERSION: 4.3.10, mySQL VERSION: 4.0.25

When trying to login to the presentation editing pages I get the same form back without any error message. Also the forgotten username/password form doesn't work anymore. The access control script looks like following.

Code for the username and password retrieval.

Code:
    <?

$showform = "no";

if (!isset($email))
    $showform = "yes"; 

else {

// validate email address

if ( ( !ereg ("^[^@ ]+@[^@ ]+\.[^@ \.]+$", $email ) ) || ( $email == "" ) ){
    echo "Sähköpostiosoite ei kelpaa. <br>";
    $showform = "yes";
    }

} // end else

if ($showform == "yes"){
    echo "<FORM name=\"thisform\" method=\"POST\" action=\"$PHP_SELF\">
    <input type=\"text\" class=\"forminput\" name=\"email\" style='width:65%' maxlength=50 value=\"$email\" >

<INPUT type=\"hidden\" class=\"forminput\" name=\"showform\" value=\"no\"><br>";
    ?>	
    <INPUT class="forminput" TYPE="submit" NAME="submit" VALUE="Lähetä">
    <?
    echo "</form> ";
    }
    else {

// retrieve login data from database

dbConnect("database");

$nimimerkitdat = @mysql_query("select nimimerkit from profiles where email='$email'");
    if(mysql_num_rows($nimimerkitdat) == 0) { echo "<BR><BR>Valitamme, antamaasi sähköpostiosoitetta ei löydy tietokannastamme.<BR><A HREF='http://www.kotichat.com/esittelyt/editprofile.php'>Palaa</A> takaisin ja yritä uudelleen."; die(); }
    $nimimerkitfound = @mysql_result($nimimerkitdat, 0, 0);

$passworddat = @mysql_query("select password from profiles where email='$email'");
    $passwordfound = @mysql_result($passworddat, 0, 0);

$message = "Hei,\nSait tämän sähköpostin, koska pyysit saada salasanasi KotiChat.com sivustolta löytyvään esittelyysi.\nPyytämäsi tiedot:\nNimimerkki:    $nimimerkitfound\nSalasana:      $passwordfound\n\n--\n  Terveisin,\n Ylläpito KotiChat.com\n palaute@kotichat.com\n http://www.kotichat.com\n
    ";

mail( $email, "KotiChat esittelyyn kirjautuminen", $message, "From: asiakaspalvelu@kotichat.com" );
    echo "<BR><BR>Kiitos.<BR>Nimimerkkisi ja salasanasi on lähetetty antamaasi sähköpostiosoitteeseen.";
    }
    ?>
    Session register code looks like following which to my knowledge should let me edit my presentation.:

Code:
    <?php
    exit;
    }

session_register("nimimerkit");
    session_register("password");

dbConnect("kotichat_db");

$sql = "select * from profiles where nimimerkit = '$nimimerkit' and password = '$password'";
    $result = mysql_query($sql);
    if (!$result) {
      error("A database error occurred while checking your login details.");
    }

if (mysql_num_rows($result) == 0) {
      session_unregister("nimimerkit");
      session_unregister("password");

?>
    Any help would be appreciated. I have only this week to verify that everything we need works on the new server.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a problem with register_globals. You'll have to change things like $email to $_POST['email']
    Thank you for wearing pants

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent.

Thank you very much. That seems to have solved all my problems.