SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: I give up

  1. #1
    l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I give up

    Every time I go away for a few weeks, another one of my favorite SitePoint members changes colors, thereby completely messing up my reading experience.

    I give up.

    I don't yet know whether I give up in regards to coming to SitePoint, or give up in regards to never leaving again, thereby thwarting the rest of SitePoint's chances at promotions. But I do know that I give up.

  2. #2
    Level 8 Chinese guy Archbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast universe
    Posts
    3,741
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    promotions, what about those of us who are already promoted?

  3. #3
    SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Posts
    5,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's a fast paced world there kiddo ....... gotta pay attention or you get lost. I think you have to stop taking these vacations you enjoy so much .... nose to the grindstone!

  4. #4
    l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archbob
    promotions, what about those of us who are already promoted?
    psst.... there are positions > mentor.

    Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton
    Well it's a fast paced world there kiddo ....... gotta pay attention or you get lost. I think you have to stop taking these vacations you enjoy so much .... nose to the grindstone!
    Well, only this past week was a vacation. (Rockcellent skiing, btw.) The other time was a time-away-from-SP break. Besides, look who's talking, Mr. I-need-to-get-away-from-SitePoint-for-awhile-to-freshen-my-mind-or-something.

  5. #5
    Level 8 Chinese guy Archbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast universe
    Posts
    3,741
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton
    Well it's a fast paced world there kiddo ....... gotta pay attention or you get lost. I think you have to stop taking these vacations you enjoy so much .... nose to the grindstone!
    Gotta keep up with the times. If you don't, you'll be 40 before you know it loOol, and then life as you know it, is over.

  6. #6
    Non-Member Egor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,305
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  7. #7
    SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Posts
    5,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archbob
    Gotta keep up with the times. If you don't, you'll be 40 before you know it loOol, and then life as you know it, is over.
    Bite me KID! Life BEGINS at 40!

  8. #8
    Level 8 Chinese guy Archbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Somewhere in this vast universe
    Posts
    3,741
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton
    Bite me KID! Life BEGINS at 40!
    Ahh, my ancient wisdom provokes you, be patient young grasshopper.

  9. #9
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just take a visit everything, so yu'll be updated on whats happening!

  10. #10
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lo0ol
    Every time I go away for a few weeks, another one of my favorite SitePoint members changes colors, thereby completely messing up my reading experience.

    I give up.

    I don't yet know whether I give up in regards to coming to SitePoint, or give up in regards to never leaving again, thereby thwarting the rest of SitePoint's chances at promotions. But I do know that I give up.
    maybe if you stop taking so many vacations you'll get promoted too slacker

  11. #11
    l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    maybe if you stop taking so many vacations you'll get promoted too slacker
    I said it was only ONE vacation, and the powder was fantastic and well worth any supposed "promotion". Besides, I'm still waiting to be Chief Image Attachment Supervisor, a position you promised me about two and a half years ago.

  12. #12
    Colonel Jack O'neill Josh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    maybe if you stop taking so many vacations you'll get promoted too slacker
    I just wanted to quote this image.


    Where did you go skiing Zach? I think I asked you once, but I forgot.

  13. #13
    l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_
    Where did you go skiing Zach? I think I asked you once, but I forgot.
    Big Sky, Montana.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Enthusiast Lavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton
    Bite me KID! Life BEGINS at 40!
    Ditto!

  15. #15
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give up. Valuable information is beyond colors and layout
    Low Cost Website Copywriter Services. All ORIGINAL TEXT.
    Duplicate Content Checker

  16. #16
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    RI-USA
    Posts
    5,620
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spent 3 minutes staring mesmerized at vinnie's smiley in this thread. I really need to stop being awake at 4:30am.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

    Organization is the
    death of creativity.

  17. #17
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Universum, 3rd Corner
    Posts
    3,000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleys
    I just spent 3 minutes staring mesmerized at vinnie's smiley in this thread. I really need to stop being awake at 4:30am.
    Me too..
    -- Jelena --

  18. #18
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    RI-USA
    Posts
    5,620
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm still awake at 5:30am
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

    Organization is the
    death of creativity.

  19. #19
    l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleys
    Yeah, I'm still awake at 5:30am
    Same here. Maybe. Life gets so much weirder when you keep your laptop in a timezone which you're not currently in. Laziness, man, laziness.

  20. #20
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    RI-USA
    Posts
    5,620
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not had a lap top long enough to have had it in more than one timezone.

    That said, it is shortly past 7am.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

    Organization is the
    death of creativity.

  21. #21
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleys
    I've not had a lap top long enough to have had it in more than one timezone.
    I've never been outside of the Eastern timezone

  22. #22
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    RI-USA
    Posts
    5,620
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i haven't in a few years.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

    Organization is the
    death of creativity.

  23. #23
    Non-Member lostseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Zurconion Soon!
    Posts
    1,549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHAHAHA That guys funny.
    And that smiley face is too

  24. #24
    l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    I've never been outside of the Eastern timezone
    I hereby invite you to spend a few days in North Dakota with me then. You have one and a half weeks to get here before I'm back in the burgh. You know it's a stunning offer, and you should take it. I mean, North Dakota! We have ICBMs.

  25. #25
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lo0ol
    I hereby invite you to spend a few days in North Dakota with me then. You have one and a half weeks to get here before I'm back in the burgh. You know it's a stunning offer, and you should take it. I mean, North Dakota! We have ICBMs.
    my replies in this thread from now on shall only consist of rolleyes variants


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •