SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for custom T-Shirts

But only for myself and maybe a couple of friends. Would anyone recommend a good T-Shirt custom printing company that would do a simple design for me? I only want a small logo that I already have designed and my site name on the front and then maybe a larger form of the logo on the back or maybe nothing. Anyway, the lowest minimum I've found so far is 6, which is ok.

But I'm looking for someone that will do it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found one. Cafepress.com My only gripe though is that it's only in white. But they are cheap, and no minimum buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Cafe Press is the best. They don't offer white? I remember them offering gray. Perhaps that was limited time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, it's ONLY white. They do have a grey shirt, but I can't find how to select it. Nevertheless, what I really wanted was a shirt in my site's colors. But this will do fine. I didn't want to have to order 10 shirts just to get one.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cafepress is now offering more colors than just white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cafepress.com does have other colors than white, but you need to buy a few at a time. Still, it's worth checking out.

For an idea of how to set this sort of thing up on your web site if you wanted to (and subnet, you're right - they do have grey shirts in their regular inventory, though they're very light grey), have a look at:

The Muse's Muse Merchandise Store

This is just my own personal web site (I'm not expecting anyone to buy anything. <laugh> ) but it might give you a pretty good idea of what they offer and how you can set it up on your own site.

Best of luck with it!

--Jodi
    FatCow Web Hosting
    $99 / year + Domain & incl. outstanding tech & customer support.
    100mb + 100 emails + 5GB Transfer + Shopping Cart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought three of my shirts. have you ordered from them and like the quality? I'm a bit nervous about putting it up, someone ordering one, and then the quality being bad. They have a really nice setup, I will agree with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the quality is just fine and I do have a few of my own shirts. They fade if you're not careful with them though. You have to make sure to turn them inside-out before you launder them. That's pretty standard stuff. Not unusual.

Where I think they truly shine, is in the mugs and mousepads though. I have a few of those from my Muse's Muse store and they're *awesome* looking.

--Jodi
    FatCow Web Hosting
    $99 / year + Domain & incl. outstanding tech & customer support.
    100mb + 100 emails + 5GB Transfer + Shopping Cart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cafepress is now offering coloured t-shirts. The coloured t-shirts are screen-printed so the quality is 100% professional, but there is an upfront cost. The cost can be very reasonable. I suggest you start an account with cafepress so you can see the options they have for you.

While their coloured shirts are screen-printed, their regular range are not. They are printed using process colour onto a transfer that is pressed onto the shirt somehow. Nobody knows how, but it's relatively inexpensive. This is why there is no upfront cost on the regular range (ie. the white shirts). They are lower quality.

If you want screen-printed shirts, like the cafepress coloured shirts (or SitePoint t-shirts I believe!), you are going to have to pay upfront costs because the screens need to be purchased and processed.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff