SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

if ($zee == "Guru") { $zee--;}
    Karachi - Pakistan
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

username and password (was "MySQL Questions (Will Help Readers. Once answered)")

Hi Gurus,

I m making a dynamic website.
    I m now installing MySQL on my computer. I know that for the security reasons I should not use the Default ROOT username and its passwrd.

Now I want to know that what should I Do ? Like, okay I will change that ROT username and Passwrd. But for the visitors to use my web, Should i create some other account for the visitors ? only having Reading and Writing rights no deleting rights ?????

Moreover, like if there is a need that the Visitor will delete his entries ? then what account should I use?

2ndly, what to do for the ADMIN account ?

Please help

reads the ********* Crier silver trophybronze trophy longneck's Avatar
    Tampa, FL (US)
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    i typically set up 2 mysql user accounts for my website: one for logged in users, and one for visitors. visitors only have INSERT and UPDATE rights on specific tables where necessary. once a user logs in, my PHP scripts detect a logged in user using session variables and uses a different user account for all the mysql queries. this second account has more rights, but never more than is strictly needed to do what they need to do.