Following the instructions in the "Agive Web Development with Rails" book on page 57 for a program called "Depot". I enter the command "ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin" in the shell, and it hangs on the line "create test/fixtures/products.yml". If I ctrl-c it I get:

Code:
^C/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:1079:in `read': Interrupt
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:1079:in `read'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:499:in `read'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:492:in `command'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:339:in `stat'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:147:in `active?'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:103:in `retrieve_connection'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:20:in `connection'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:107:in `retrieve_connection'
         ... 20 levels...
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require__'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.2.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:214:in `require'
        from script/generate:3
Any ideas? Anyone had this happen and figured it out? I'm using OS X 1.4 Tiger and have followed the instructions at http://tech.rufy.com/entry/46 (with Xcode installed), but same problem persists.

Thanks,
Julian