User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precondition Failed

Hi all -- Precondition Failed

This error is driving me crazy as well as trying to find answers. As far as I can tell, it is related to WordPress. I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this error and can answer some basic questions:

1. When I click a link within the WordPress I installed on my server to go to the WordPress website (i.e. to get more themes, etc), this is usually when I get the error. So is this error generated because of

a. The WordPress I have installed on my site.

b. The WordPress website

c. My server

Just so you know, i reinstalled a fresh copy of WordPress and got the same error.

I went to WordPress for advise, but couldn't get an answer. They blame my host. I went to my host to get an answer and they blame WordPress. Round and round we go.

I thought maybe I could get an independent answer to help me narrow it down. It's been a downer but one that I'm hoping is solveable.

thanks
    steve

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, honestly I can only begin to guess as I'm not even sure if this is a PHP error your getting. Your description of the error itself is somewhat lacking unfortunately.

So, best hint I can provide at this point

From http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
    10.4.13 412 Precondition Failed

The precondition given in one or more of the request-header fields evaluated to false when it was tested on the server. This response code allows the client to place preconditions on the current resource metainformation (header field data) and thus prevent the requested method from being applied to a resource other than the one intended.

But I have no idea why this would be happening to you.