SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pay for impressions?

Anybody know of any affiliate programs that are still paying for impressions? I own a free site network that has banners across the top of all the user pages. The network averages several thousand page views a day and I'm looking to make some easy money from it. Thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by WebDevPortal
    http://www.everyone.net/main/html/adsales_tour.html

Everyone.net Plug-In-AdSales

--
    Dan Grossman
    http://www.sitebuildernews.com
    I hope that was a joke to recomend everyone.net.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CPM programs.

engage.com
    burstmedia.com
    fastclick.com
    advertising.com

Note all of the above also do CPC.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so far, none of the companies that have been listed in this thread will accept what I have to offer. They all state in their terms of service that their ads can't be placed on a free hosted site (which is what my network provides) and that the ads can only appear on root domains that are preapproved. Any other recommendations for companies that offer pay for impressions with less stringent requirements would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to try to sell your ads personally as almost all ad networks dislike free hosts.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be nice, but I don't have the time or the sales ability to do that. I do offer that on my advertise page. Nobody has taken me up on it yet though. That's why I though using an affiliate service would be a better idea. Anybody know what the going rate per thousand is? I had one guy ask me once how much I charged and I told him $3 per thousand. He never called back. I guess that's too high. My free site network is for business sites only. So maybe that would make a difference to some of the affiliate services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bizwebzone
    That would be nice, but I don't have the time or the sales ability to do that. I do offer that on my advertise page. Nobody has taken me up on it yet though. That's why I though using an affiliate service would be a better idea. Anybody know what the going rate per thousand is? I had one guy ask me once how much I charged and I told him $3 per thousand. He never called back. I guess that's too high. My free site network is for business sites only. So maybe that would make a difference to some of the affiliate services.
    Maybe about 50 cents a cpm.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone use everyone.net's ad sales? If so, what's your CPM rate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Trulent
    Does anyone use everyone.net's ad sales? If so, what's your CPM rate?
    Last I heard it was sub 5 cents.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! I had no idea it had gotten that low.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 cents for 1000 impressions? That's crazy! I don't keep up on this because all my money comes from CPA (generating leads, sales, etc.) not CPM, but that's REALLY low.

I'm making about $10CPM on some of my websites with per-lead payouts. I would never even consider selling at $0.05 or even $0.50 for 1000 impressions.

Even though you have a network of websites where not everyone's content is on the same subject, you can probably find a few good programs at Commission Junction that will appeal to most people. Stuff like "internet accelerators".. you're bound to get a few signups?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ has too many tracking problems lately. i used to use them but got tired of turn over. Many advertisers have quit them and keeping my ads up to date was taking up too much of my time. I don't trust the pay per lead or sale programs anymore. It is too easy for advertisers to rip you off. Pay per click is the only way to keep things fair and honest for everybody. Anybody still do that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bizwebzone
    wow! I had no idea it had gotten that low.
    I last heard they where at 0 censt a cpm LOL, although since hardly anyone uses them anymore I never heard more than a few people say this.

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by WebDevPortal

I'm making about $10CPM on some of my websites with per-lead payouts. I would never even consider selling at $0.05 or even $0.50 for 1000 impressions.
    Damnit! I accidentally poured coffee all over my keyboard when I read that. I knew some sites made good money with CPA, but I had no idea one could make $10 CPM. Would you pretty, pretty please post links to some of you websites? Iím sure everyone here would appreciate to have a look at your genius.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by truelight

Damnit! I accidentally poured coffee all over my keyboard when I read that. I knew some sites made good money with CPA, but I had no idea one could make $10 CPM. Would you pretty, pretty please post links to some of you websites? Iím sure everyone here would appreciate to have a look at your genius.
    some of the people on geekvillage claim to make $20 a cpm out of cpa ads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truelight,

I'd rather not link the site as I'm not proud of it's design :P It's not horrible but I still don't like the site.

It gets all its traffic from reciprocal links with a few big sites and search engines. About 100 uniques a day on the one I got that average CPM from.

It's a webmaster resource site, much like SitePoint but not as big and with a few things they don't have. I was making a better CPM than that before I lost the Moreover.com associate program, but now it's back up.

I got that great rate from doing this: On the main page of the site, I have integrated into the content area of the design "Featured Tools for Website Owners". Under the heading is a table containing 3 cells, in each I promote one program.

All 3 are pay-per-lead programs for webmasters. I move 'em around a bit, but all the programs are always free for the end-user, provide some service that can apply to ALL websites (apply to my entire audience), and have well designed websites on the other side of the link that can convert traffic well once I send them.

So in each of the 3 spaces I have a linked headline such as "LiveHelper: Free One-on-One Chat" and on the next 3 lines a sentence or two about the service. All text, graphics only seem to lower the CTR.

Everyone who ends up at the site seems to love that "featured tools" bar because it seems like about 1/4 of all visitors click on it to leave, going to one of my merchants, probably signing up for the free service, and earning me money.

[Note: LiveHelper.com, LLC is now paying $5 per lead for signing up for their free one-on-one chat/customer service, and I'm promoting it heavily on a few of my sites and in my newsletter. Since this huge increase in payout the CPM is more like $100+ some days! Just over 100 uniques, 5 leads, that's awesome.]
    Last edited by Dan Grossman; Sep 3, 2001 at 12:04.