SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site Size and Start Off Rates

I have a site that currently averages 2,300 visitors for 5,000 page views per day. Is this volume of traffic best described as a small site or a medium site?

Also, I am going to be talking with sponsors about very targetted ad campaigns. While I know that the rate that matters is the one the market will bear, I was wondering what rate I should start off negotiations at: $5 CPM, $10 CPM, $15 CPM? I don't want to start off too high and scare the sponsor off but I don't want to start off too low either and limit what I can earn.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I would expect an ad buyer to notice is your extremely low visit depth - just over 2 page-views per user - which strongly suggests that most visits are "accidental".

Are your numbers linear? What are your monthly stats? 60,000+ visitors is the low end of mid-size; 150,000 page views is small.

Assuming it's a "very targeted" demographic, with this kind of stats, most advertisers are likely to only be interested in your front page, and probably not willing to go higher than $2 - meaning a revenue potential of $10/day.

So before you come to the party, you may want to consider modifying your site to encourage more page views per visit.

I know of one suce site, with a well-targeted demographic and about the same number of visitors, collecting a 3-digit CPM - but they do get significantly more page-views per visit.
    _____/\/\arty \/\/inston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    san what is the URL to your website?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get 66,000 visitors a month translating into 152,000 views.

I'm sure that I could break up my new material into smaller parts to double or maybe triple my views.

My site is at; http://www.hkentreview.com/