User Tag List

Thread: Corey Rudl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corey Rudl

Hi Guys!

Has anybody ever bought Corey Rudl's stuff?

I came across his site and boy o boy does he have a good sales page, I stayed ther for about 1hr.

The thing is, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how he can have all these amazing secrets, that all of us pretty intelligent Webmasters have missed out on.

I have the feeling hes just a good sales man for his own Website Promotion courses which must be in good demand for the market climate we are in now.

Let me know if you beg to differ
    Project Manager

http://www.IBetYoureWrong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=30497

there you go :0) some people like his stuff... others have bought it and come to the conclusion that there is nothing really mind blowing... read the above thread quite funny (imo)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extremely Disappointing

I've been developing and marketing web sites for almost 6 years now, and let me tell you, I've never paid more for such worthless crap before.

I can't believe that I paid a whopping $197 for a total waste of my time!

It is absolutely basic stuff - total beginner's stuff.

Stuff like:
    What is Spam?
    What is an Affiliate Program?
    What is a Banner?
    What is an ebook?

Stuff like this makes up most of the hundreds of pages of bull.

If you are a total beginner (one who buys the 'Internet for Dummies' and 'Idiot's Guide to the Internet' type) who doesn't know the answer to any of the questions above, then Corey's book is perfect for you!

And guess what, by the end of the book, instead of learning how to improve your website, you will know exactly what all his products will do, how they work, and probably you would have purchased a few more hundreds of dollars worth of Corey's 'Explosive' products!!!

The book mostly contains blatant plugs to all of Corey's other products. The guy is no doubt smart - and has no doubt made millions of dollars - his main course is about how to use his other 'smartly developed' products.

You've got to give it to the guy: If anything I learnt from the guy, it is his ability to hype up his product enough to convince even a hard-core developer and marketer like ME to buy his product! This is where I take my hat off to his marketing prowess.

This is where he reminds me of Microsoft - how to sell crappy products using your extraordinary marketing skills and strength ;-)

But for that, you're better of reading SitePoint and EzineTips and any other article you can get your hands on, on the web.

When he introduces affiliate programs, he talks about AssocTrack (his product, of course).

When he talks about ebooks, he plugs his own ezine compiler (forget the name).

When he talks about autoresponder marketing, he plugs yet another of his product.

So, if you are planning to buy any of Corey's products in the near future, consider his main course an expensive tutorial to all his other products, and something where he shows off, almost in every third page, how many hundreds of dollars he made with 'this' technique, and how many thousands of dollars he made using 'that'.

Total, absolute, unbelievable, worthless piece of <advisor edit>.

My brutally honest but sincere opinion.

Ravi Jayagopal

<advisor edit: Please refrain from using indecent language. Our board censors these words for a reason.>
    Last edited by mmj; Sep 10, 2001 at 12:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your lengthy reply.
    You must be pretty peeed off to express yourself so much.
    I too have been developing and marketing for years and have to agree he is pretty good at hyping his product. As usual its just the same old stuff, I think we are all looking for the new wonder product that will bring in the traffic, I have a few ideas and some are working pretty well but I would not divulge them to anybody, after all I'm in the business of increasing my own traffic and hardly going to create too much competition for myself.

Lets keep rockin
    Project Manager

http://www.IBetYoureWrong.com

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a different take on this stuff than most people here. Just read my previous discussions.

Here is how I learn from his stuff:

1. I learn from his product itself. Sure, lots of repetition, but I get HIS slant on things. e.g. he is big on linking and affiliate programs, forgetting most other marketing methods.

2. I examine how he sells his other products from his training package.

3. I look at the packaging it comes in, the pricing, the upsell and how I feel about possibly sending it back - I don't, because there is so much in there I want to examine it before making a decision on a return. I may never get to the end of reading all that material.

4. I consider my products and websites and see if I can copy his approach.

There you go! The sum of my learning is more than the constituent parts of the package!

Jon

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jon Lawrance
    I have a different take on this stuff than most people here. Just read my previous discussions.

Here is how I learn from his stuff:

1. I learn from his product itself. Sure, lots of repetition, but I get HIS slant on things. e.g. he is big on linking and affiliate programs, forgetting most other marketing methods.

2. I examine how he sells his other products from his training package.

3. I look at the packaging it comes in, the pricing, the upsell and how I feel about possibly sending it back - I don't, because there is so much in there I want to examine it before making a decision on a return. I may never get to the end of reading all that material.

4. I consider my products and websites and see if I can copy his approach.

There you go! The sum of my learning is more than the constituent parts of the package!

Jon
    Looks like all your learning comes from observation, so why spend $200 on something you can do for free?

I go to the supermarket and look at the packaging, the pricing, and placement. I watch commercials on TV and observe their techniques. I did all this for $1 worth of gas.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't examine his package unless I have it.

Jon