SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A really strange kind of proble

Hi guys

I have facing a very strange problem with one of my websites. Let me explain the structure first, as it may have something to do with this.

The index.php holds two frames. Top is common to all with the header, and bottom one changes, which also holds the menu. Lets move to the bottom frame now, where the pages appear on clicking the menu.

There are two parts for the whole site, www.mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com/folder. Thus some pages are stored in the main folder, / and rest is stored in /folder/. There in one index file for both location, ie / and /folder/.

The problem is appearing while navigating the /folder/ files. Problem is that, when I am in /folder/, independent on whichever page I am, say /folder/link.php, or whatever, on doing refresh, I am getting taken to the /folder/index.php. And not at the same page where I am.

Any idea ? It seems to be a pretty weired problem, but thought someone of u might have faced this problem earlier .. and can give me some tips

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kigoobe
    The problem is appearing while navigating the /folder/ files. Problem is that, when I am in /folder/, independent on whichever page I am, say /folder/link.php, or whatever, on doing refresh, I am getting taken to the /folder/index.php. And not at the same page where I am.

Any idea ? It seems to be a pretty weired problem, but thought someone of u might have faced this problem earlier .. and can give me some tips
    I'm not sure I understood the problem, but I think the browser refreshes the "main" page it has loaded which seems to be your frameset which points for frame "bottom" to index.

HTH,
    Christoph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly what's happening. But question is, why it doesn't behave in this way when I am in / and why in /folder/

I think I'm getting it ... the menu is a javascript menu. & the problem might be coming from there ... i've to check that ...