SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another shopping cart suggestion needed, please advise

I tested at 10 scripts so far and browsed this forum a lot but still can't find what I'm looking for. Please excuse me if there's post with answer to my question already and I missed it.

I'm looking for a shopping cart for our commercial clipart site. It's 3 packages of eps/ai images that we sell through RegSoft at the moment. One can buy a whole package only and more and more people are interested in single images only so we definitely decided to add single image ordering option.

The ideal shopping cart should feature the following:

1. Adding products in bulk. We have 3000+ images (products) to add
    2. Sending encrypted links to ordered product(s) after the payment is cleared. Best if the script is able to zip up ordered images on the server and make them ready for download but single links would do too.
    3. 2CO plugin. Does this work together and automatically with #2? (sorry for ignorance, this is fairly new thing to me)
    4. Search feature
    5. Add to cart checkboxes with ability to put into basket several products at once.
    6. Minimum order amount. Discount for larger orders.
    7. Fairly SE friendliness
    8. No "Powered by" link at the bottom of each page. Plain text credit all along with non-linked URL is completely ok, but hard links aren't.
    9. Price under $150. Free would do too ;-)

Now, to proove that I'm a good boy ;-) and really checked out all those scripts, I'll explain why the following don't fit my needs:

1. OSC & Zen: couldn't find a way to upload products in bulk. Templates hard to change. No buy now checkboxes (so people can choose several images at same page at once)

2. CS Cart: almost ideal but still waiting for their support for answers on couple on question. Would like to test it before I buy. No live sites to check and there's something in licensing agreement about credits, possible that script leaves links to their site although it's paid (this'd be completely unacceptable)

3. QuickCart: Looks very neat and is fast. Super easy installation. Flat file database which I like a lot but this maybe will slow down the site when we add all the products. No 2CO plugin. No digital products sale feature (the one with automatic download :-) Link at the bottom of each page.

One more idea comes to my mind (although I'm pretty sure that 90% of members given up on reading this post so far ;-) Completely static site with 2co add to cart links and manual delivery of the products. This idea puts smile on my face cause I'm big fan of SE traffic :-) I can write a program that'll make 3000 html files all together with "add to cart" links etc and got bored guy in the office to take care of the orders manually :-) However I'd still need here search feature - perhaps some other script can help here too?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if you will find a script that can do exactly what you are requesting. And for $150 budget will be also difficult to do a modification to one of the scripts whish is what I would suggest.

What you are looking for can be done, I would use osCommerce and do a few changes to create the zip file, discount for large orders etc. Also is possible to modify the easy populate to upload products in bulk. But I don't think you will be able to find someone to do this job for under $150
    because
    your opinion / your vote / your future... counts
    Looking for Beta Testers Now!
    www.RateCandidates.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the input. Budget isn't absolutely fixed, I can afford to pay fairly more if necessary but saw average prices and thought that doesn't make much sense to go much above $150 or so.

Any more suggestions?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zmajdoo,

I don't have knowledge of a shopping cart that does exactly what you are asking, for that reason I recommended to get a company to modify a premade script, I really recommend osMax since already have a lot of the features that you need. I believe the only modules left are the ones that ZIP the files and the discount per volume.

I believe that can be done within 2 weeks.
    because
    www.RateCandidates.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to check out

http://www.pinnaclecart.com/

I am presently using Oscommerce, thought of moving to Zencart but they still dont support 2Checkout Payment method.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good at first glance! Thanks, Farrukh

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw: how come zmajdoo started thread and clipartlab replied. We are colleagues working in very same office

zmajdoo went out to bring us breakfast

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops, $579

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClipartLab
    btw: how come zmajdoo started thread and clipartlab replied. We are colleagues working in very same office

zmajdoo went out to bring us breakfast
    are you for real?...
    because
    www.RateCandidates.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure he is, why are you asking lol