User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice in hiring freelancers

Hey guys! My very first post! yay =D

Anyway guys, I got a php development on hand which is not my expertise and I'm going to outsource it to other freelancers.

What precaution should i take? I'll be going for a contract but I'm wondering what agreement should be included in the contract?

Another of my worries is if the freelancers will be as good as he said he is, if he is unable to perform up to the par and i've paid my downpayment, what should I do?

Warm regards
    Vanko

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a ton of good freelancers right here on this site. I've dealt with many freelancers and most have their own rules. I always pay 50% up front and 50% when done, but I'm flexible. The bottom line is, your going to need to go fishing for freelancers. Before you know it you'll know someone for everything and you can go right to those people. But, first, you need to find them, it's always a personal experience in that arena. Just be honest and hold up your end of the deal and you'll run into some great people.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but usually stories are different in my country,

Freelancers here tries to suck up as much blood as they can, by randomly adding items that dont even exist, which leads to argument.

Im looking for a contract that protects me from freelancers being a jack *** =/

btw thanks RB for the advice..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to determine which people will be good candidates if you correspond with them for a while. You should be able to find out that some things just don't "add up" with certain people, while other people will start to seem more credible.

Just like in any work-for-hire situation, be certain to check references and ask questions.
    Jeffrey Hunt, freelance PHP & MySQL developer
    Resume: http://www.jeffreyhunt.org/resume/