User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generous vBulletin webmasters?

Hi there,

I know this is a terribly strange request, but here goes.

Me and a few of my friends run an Icelandic website, which happens to have forums. After we realised that our IPB 1.3 forum was quite out of date, and we are as a matter of fact getting pretty tired of it, we decided that we would go for vBulletin. Being poor students, we wanted to get the most out of our money, and not spend valuable subscription time on inactive forums, while we are making an Icelandic translation of the software.

So we decided to contact vBulletin, and they refused to give us access to a forum while we translated it, in exchange for our language pack.

So here is where the generous vB webmaster part comes in; is there anyone here, that happens to be a webmaster of a community using vB, that would be as kind as to allow us to have translator administrator rights while we make an Icelandic language pack?

Wow, I feel weird.

Regards,
    Fred

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are trying to... translate it before you buy the software ?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id do it for some money.
    Rob.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    s2kinteg916: Exactly
    Pain1986: If we were to pay for it we could just as well pay the vBulletin guys

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, but what if you mess up? i then have a messed up site .. for free.
    Rob.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't mess up the website if I only have access to the translation department, well - unless I decided I wanted to translate the English strings to Gibberish, I guess I could.

Alternatively, you could use the test clause in the vBulletin licence:
    If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
    It would be a seperate installation, with different databases so we couldn't mess anything up.