SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Writing a Terms of Service page??

Whew...with all the legal stuff that needs to be covered in writing a terms of service or terms and conditions page on ones site, does anyone have a good place to look up some general information on what all should be covered?

I feel like a student that has to write a term paper and I'm just staring at a blank sheet of paper. But in this case a blank area where the text should go.

Not sure where to begin and want to make sure I cover all my basis. Is this something that an individual could write up on their own with enough research or should I be seeking an attorney to do it for me (**cringes at the thought of the cost...although cheaper than being sued I'm sure!!**)

Kelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.the-dma.org/privacy/creating.shtml

I use that for the privacy policy part. The code it spits out is a little garbled, so be prepared for some editing.

For other terms I usually model after headings from other sites and write the details myself, or let my clients write them. A lawyer isn't a bad idea, and may be necessary depending on the nature of the site.