SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Question for any vB designers and coders about

Have recently install a vBulletin 3.5.1 board... yay us!!!!

Anyways have created a new style, am used to calling these skins so bare with me on language differences, but am not seeing any subfolders for either the skin templates CSS etc or the graphics.

Are you meant to rename all the graphics for a new skin and lob them into the single folder, or am l missing something. Would have expected a new sub folder to be created on clicking the create button.

Also and equally important are these options available via third parties (either free or via purchases, and your recommendations).

- Photo Gallery with category support.

- Blog software.

- A portal would be nice.

- An articles/tutorial/wiki/FAQ add on module. Any one would be fine as we would mod it to match what we require.

Cheers, and thanks for replies ... total vB newbie here

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vbulletin.org has everything your looking for ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vB's template system is 95% via the ACP. Images are still stored on the server as files, but you must create folders and put them there yourself. Check the /images/ folder in your files for an idea. All those /misc/.../statusicon/.../icons/...etc. folders contain the images. You'll need to define where these images are in your style settings.

Ok, so how to edit the style itself....Load up your ACP and click on Style Manager under the "Styles & Templates" heading. It would take way too long to give you a full walkthrough of it, but you should be able to figure out a lot of it by looking around...if you have any specific questions, ask away.

As far as mods - www.vbulletin.org is the place to go.

Portal - This is what I use http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97341

I've tried a bunch of them and I think that this one and vBAdvanced were among the best. vBA is the easiest to integrate among all portals for vB, but I liked Drupal more because it is more flexible. There is also a Blog feature you can use with Drupal.

As far as articles, there is a great system called GARS that is still being developed, and should be ready relatively soon - http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=626 - I've seen demo's of this in the past and it is very impressive. It's paid software, but I think it is well worth it.

Just do a search for "gallery" at www.vbulletin.org ...There are at least two galleries that I know of over there, one is called Photoplog and I think the other is simple "vB gallery"

That's all I've got for now, lemme know if you have any other questions.