Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Openssl help
Dec 3, 2005, 12:01 #1
- Join Date
- May 2002
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hi, I'm trying to use ruby's openssl library to verify a DSA signature....I think. Anyway, the openssl library does not seem to have much documentation so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.
1) Receive a cleartext authtoken: AWSAuthToken
2) Receive base64-encoded signature of a SHA-1 hash of the authtoken: AWSSignatureBase64
3) Base64-decode AWSSignatureBase64, to obtain the DSA signature of the hash of the authtoken: DSASignature
4) Provide the DSASignature and AWSAuthToken as input to a DSA signature verification method using the SHA-1 hashing algorithm and a public key file.
5) The verification method should indicate that the signature was, in fact, made with the AWS private key, applied to the hash of the authtoken.
Here is how I'm trying to accomplish this in ruby:
aws_pub_key_file = '/srv/www/work/softdist/app/apis/AWSPublicKey3' str = '' File.open(aws_pub_key_file) do |f| f.each do |line| str += line end end aws_sig_base_64 = params[:AWSSignatureBase64] aws_auth_token = params[:AWSAuthToken] decoded_dsa_sig = Base64.decode64(aws_sig_base_64) public_key = OpenSSL::PKey::DSA.new(str) public_key.verify(OpenSSL::Digest::SHA1.new, aws_auth_token, decoded_dsa_sig)
"wrong public key type"
Is there any known source of documentation for the openssl library?