SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stepping into the online retail market - Finding Dropshippers/wholesalers

I am currenty going to embark on a new venture. I have run and created many websites in the past but never a retail one. I am most interested in dropshipping. I know that there are b.s websites and scammers out there in which ackt as middle men to make you think they are actually a wholesalter. What is the best way to go about finding a good dropshipper? Should I contact the manufacturers directly? Thank you for any help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Q, I have done searches and If I setup a small online shop how do I calculate the proper sales tax and do I have to fill out some forms?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazsun
    I am currenty going to embark on a new venture. I have run and created many websites in the past but never a retail one. I am most interested in dropshipping. I know that there are b.s websites and scammers out there in which ackt as middle men to make you think they are actually a wholesalter. What is the best way to go about finding a good dropshipper? Should I contact the manufacturers directly? Thank you for any help.

Hey Jazsun,
    You are very correct in that there is a huge stockpile of scammers and bad information out there pertaining to dropship wholesale lists. When I started out, I paid maybe 3-5 bucks for those worthless dropship lists on Ebay and elsewhere and they didn't get me anywhere.

What I did and what you can do is this, you can find many distributors on your own for specific products that will dropship for you. I did this for a few of my product lines but in turn this takes alot of time (finding contacts, phone numbers, leaving messages, etc.). Or, you can purchase a very worthwhile drop ship directory in which their primary business is to find various product dropshippers in the country and get their contact information and dropshipping methods then post them on their directories.

Chris Malta's WorldWide Brands drop ship directory is the best out there, I've used several dropshippers through them and they even found me one for a product market when I couldn't myself. 70 dollars gets you lifetime subscribed access to their directory. It's honestly the best money I have ever spent. If you want more specifics on my experience with them, visit my website: www.dropshipping-products.com
    Full-time student dropshipper
    www.dropshipping-products.com
    My Blog - Ecommerce, Dropshipping, Product Reviews - Click Here
    My Drop Ship Directory Recommendation - WorldWide Brands, Inc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I also suggest checking out http://www.worldwidebrands.com/