SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for that EDGE

I run a business opportunity site that needs a little extra edge. I get a good amount of sales from the site, but I want a couple more every week.

I was wondering if anyone had some good tips on how to make an effective business opportunity site. Are there any websites dealing with this.

I've added a couple things to my site to increase sales. Most recently, I added a "How much money can I make?" page to my site. Go to my website at http://www.silkscreenbiz.com and you will see it at the top.

If a person went to the site and was interested in the product, what little thing can I add to the site to help them decide a little bit quicker, easier, etc.

Thanks so much,
    Ryan

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, when I first read your message I saw "business opportunity". Immediately I thought "oh great, another Internet scam." I'm guessing other people think this as well. Once I checked out your website, I was pleasantly surprised that this isn't a get-rich-quick scheme.

The first thing I would do is create a free mailing list. This can be done easily using simple CGI scripts or through an online service. You should create a web page devoted to your mailing list. Explain the benefits of your list, why people should join, and how they can join, free. Also include a subscription box on every page of your website. Adding in to your left navigation column would work well.

You can then use this mailing list as a very effective promotional tool. Send out mailings frequently, listing new products or services, industry trends, tips on printing top quality shirts, and more information that would attract your readers. This will build up a sense of trust between you and your subscribers. If your subscribers trust you, they'll be much more apt to buy from you.

You can also use your mailing list to generate additional sales beyond the first purchase. If someone purchases from you once, they're likely to do it again. Take advantage of this by selling them additional products (shirts, ink, kits).

Remember, your clients success is your success. If they become successful in their venture, they'll thank you by telling friends. Feel free to give them tips on running a business, making sales, promoting their products, and most importantly, remind them to build a website with the help of SPF.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing I just noticed, you need a privacy policy. Why should I give you my personal information (free brochure page)? You might sell it to other mailing lists. You might sell it to stalkers! Ahh!

No, seriously, you definitely need a privacy policy. Reassure your visitors that you won't be selling their information to other companies. If you need help writing your policy, I'm sure someone here at SPF would be willing to help. There are also several online services that can help you create a basic template.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I found yet another thing.

On your different package pages you clearly state all the equipment that is included. I'm stupid. I have no idea what that equipment does. What does it do? Flash dryers? Halogen lights? Huh!

My point is, you list all the features. You need to list the benefits as well. The benefits are what sell. I don't care what a flash dryer is if I don't know how it can help me.

Try adding some of the benefits to each of your pages. Explain how each package is better than the previous. Why should I buy Package #2 when Package #1 is $800?

You should also read through your pages and fix all spelling and grammar errors. I found quite a few.
    Last edited by RKuhle; Aug 25, 2001 at 11:44.