User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php not recognizing mySQL

Hi

please please please can someone help me!

I’m hoping to have a wamp environment on my laptop. (I’m running windows XP pro.)

I’ve installed Apache, php 5 and mySQL and everything went fine (php works etc.) however there's some kind of problem with php recognizing mySQL.

I have two things happen:

1) When Apache starts I get a prompt saying “php startup: unable to load the dynamic library ‘c:\php5\ext\php_mysql.dll’ – the specified procedure could not be found”

2) Also the index page of phpmyadmin just says “cannot load mysql extension”

However I DO have copies of both php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll in c:\php5\ext.

Also for the record I did the following during installation too:

1) copied both libmysql.dll and libmyqli.dll to my system 32 directory

2) set the extension_dir in php.ini to the ext directory of my php5 installation e.g. extension_dir=C:\php5\ext

3) uncommented the lines “extension=php_mysql.dll” and “extension=php_mysqli.dll” in my php ini

I’d be really grateful if someone could help. I’ve seen lots of forum posts with people having similar problems but never any definite answers.

Thanks

Juan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Sorry dude, this is pretty irrelevant seeing as you've done it all. Teach me to read posts in full first.

PHP 5+

MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), it's not recommended.

Taken from http://uk2.php.net/mysql

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Musher.........thanks for the reply either way though.......I took a look at the link you gave and did what it said..........basically altering the path environment variable from the system icon on control panel but no luck........any one have any other ideas out there.

all the best

Juan