SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mx2k
    that lines up with their constant kiss everything principle. well, keeping it simple for them anyways. To keep it easy on the user, the developer has to work harder or at least smarter...
    I'd agree with that.

I got out of the fast & loose PHP thing a year or so ago and I'm now OOP full time.

A bit of discipline has enormous cost benefits over the lifetime of a project...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mx2k
    But as for the web and windows, it hasn't been to difficult. it should be interesting once xaml is being used, i'm more used to html/css mindset anyways.
    With the web, technically it is just text files, very easy (well, unless you use AJAX).

But from your list: maintability (so you can add things without redoing the whole interface), integration (making your tools feel unified, cohesion), easy to deploy (different screen resolutions, browsers etc), usability / well tested (getting users in a group and watching them use your software, QA etc) .... etc ...

Douglas
    Hello World

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes
    What is this? A soap opera?

I'm guessing Microsoft are lovin' this, what with them working on a LAMP alternative.

What with all these hissy fits and tears-against-the-photocopier episodes, I'm just wondering if some third-party needs to be involved to steady things...
    Seems like a silly thing to say. The only reason any of the ranting is known is just because the process is completely open and in the public. So there is friction and we can see it plainly and we can attatch particpants names to it. My earlier comment suggested that we wouldn't be helping by fanning those flames, especially on a distant forum travelled by many folks who don't follow the internals list closely enough to appreciate the process.

At least no one is throwing chairs or plotting to undermine and destroy others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboots
    Seems like a silly thing to say. The only reason any of At least no one is throwing chairs or plotting to undermine and destroy others.
    Well when you put it like that, that seems fair enough.

Just as well that I'm not involved, coz I'd be the one throwing chairs .. and people...