User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making static HTML pages dynamic?

Okay,

So my provider doesn't allow for me to upload any custom .asp .php code, so I have about half .asp pages that are built into the backend, and then I have a bunch of static html pages. The thing is that whenever I want to change the top or bottom of the page, well I can just paste in some new code for the .asp pages, and they will all be updated(glory to god) but, of course, when I go to change the html pages, I have to go one by one and do every friggin one with the new coding. Blahhhh.

So, I am thinking there has to be a friggin easier way. Would it be possible to use some .js that would update all the html pages like the .asp pages? Come ON! Get creative people. Let's DO THIS THING.

Season Greetings to you All. My Babies. You know I love every last one of yous. Even the bed wetters.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can do it with JavaScript but with one serious problem: what do you do when somepne has javaScript turned off?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O O O O O O O YEA,

What do you do when .js is turned off. IT'S CALLLLLLED SERVER SIDE INCLUDESSSSS !! YES YES YES.

I am enlightened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a good reason for sticking with this provider? Rather than spend loads of times getting round their restrictions, why not move to someone better?
    Only dead fish go with the flow

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Basically, cus the provider is cheaper, and It's kind of fun trying to find ways around the restraints. :-) I will eventually move, but for now I have to make the best of what I can afford. :-)

Also, I had one question. Before I go through and chop up half my site, I was wondering if there would be any problems including .js based menus in one of the server side includes? Like at the top of my site, I have some .js drop-down menus, there wouldn't be any issues with pasting that code into a "header.html" file would there?

Thanks.