User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationship Help

Hi Guys

Please help me figure out how this is done.If you go to some sites and you read an article on a subject, at that site you find links that are on the same site that is also related to that subject on hand.

Now I have Main topic such as health advice.How do I create this relationship so that if someone is reading an article on asthma then I can also show other related articles on my site related to asthma.

Thanks
    Diddy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to provide an answer but don't think your question is clear. Are you talking about links within the article text? Or, links elsewhere on the page? Are you looking for some automagic way for the links to appear? Help me out here...
    Milt

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI

What I am trying to find out is how articles that have a common topic/subject can be related.

eg:- I have a pages that talks about asthma and I created that article today.but 2 months ago I also wrote a similiar article on asthma, not the same but similiar, maybe we wrote 2 months ago how dust is bad for asthma and today we write about a new product that hellps is asthma, but in my articles I like to create a relationship between these articles cause they are talking about the same subject which is asthma hence I want to have links to related articles

Now I need to know how is this done, do I search my Database for asthma and then put in related articles or ????

We see this all the time in sites..

Diddy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are organizing the articles with a database (date, title, description, keywords, filename, etc) then when you add new articles just select keywords from existing keywords used previously (or add new ones if needed...) Keeping the keyword part dynamic will make the process much simpler. Allow for mutlple keywords and apply logic that is appropriate for the task.

You can use this stored information to build your "article catalog" pages and when an article is selected you only need to consult that database for additional keywords that match and include links to those pages.

If there's no database you have to rely something a but more "manual."

Milt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following on from what Milt way saying, if you are using a database why not simply assign them to a category when you create the article.

It's a simple step to list out articles afterwards...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305807

Heres a thread that dealt with a similar question, its only one approach to take though...

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys

Diddy