SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DigiShop reviews

i'm considering using DigiShop for a new ecomm site. Seems great at first glance. One of my concerns, though, is that there is very little mention of it here in this forum. Everyone talks about osCommerce, ZenCart, LiteCommerce, and XCart.

Is it just because DigiShop is expensive? Or are there drawbacks that i'll find down the road as i start using it? What do you all think of it?

Backstory: We actually already have LiteCommerce, but immediate had (have) a problem where the 'prepare files for html export' fails. Apparently this is how i get to edit files/templates in Dreamweaver, and then import them back in. But the export process aborts with "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/because/public_html/var/run/classes/base/Base.php on line 153". LiteCommerce tech replied that its a memory limit problem on the host server, but the host temporarily increased the memory limit to 64mb for me, and the export still failed. So, frustrated at the problem, and the slow support turnaround (since they use a ticket system.. not chat, and i'm not phoning russia).. i found and am considering DigiCart.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use digishop and like it. I used to use other carts, but i found digishop a couple years back and they have been great. Good customer service and solid software. Those two combinations make the pricing point for me perfect.