SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Recommend an cart with Canadian tax options

I'm in Canada, we have a rather complicated tax setup here. Basically, everyone in Canada must pay 7% GST on all purchases. People in Ontario have to pay an additional 8% PST, but just on the products, not on shipping. People in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland pay 15% HST on everything.

I just used Jshop for a client's site, I love Jshop, easy to use, but their tax system isn't sophisticated at all and it looks like I'm going to have to spend a lot of programming time "fixing" the tax system to work with how we do things here.

So, can anyone recommend a PHP ecom package that's similar in features to Jshop (www.jshop.co.uk) but can handle a complicated tax setup? I particularly like the way Jshop does templates - just design the HTML and plunk in the tags where I need things to happen. It doesn't need to be a free package, I'd honestly rather pay and receive good documentation and support.

Thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hey

Just check this site maybe this can help you http://www.EverestERP.com an enterprise solution with integrated e-commerce, accounting and inventory mgmt and can handle taxes etc....
    Information sourcing "on demand"
    http://www.Info-sourcing.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oscommerce. They have several contributions that you can use for the Canadian taxing system.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know digishop handles that. We have several customers in Canada using their software and it has a really easy to use sales tax wizard for canada.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith
    I know digishop handles that. We have several customers in Canada using their software and it has a really easy to use sales tax wizard for canada.
    Thanks! Digishop looks pretty good, and I see on their feature list that they list all the possible combinations of Canadian tax.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best solution
    Joomla+Virtualmart
    or
    Mambo+phpshop