SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multipart/form-data

Help Please. I'm completly stuck and out of ideas.

Does anyone know if using a form with enctype="multipart/form-data"
    has an ill effect if an office network is using a proxy server or firewall?

The upload script I have works everywhere except the office in question and I am in Idaho and the office is in Vermont and I'm doing remote debugging over the phone with the client.

Basically, no data gets passed. (ie All other forms within the application work fine. Only the form upload does not. I have taken out all of the security and will email a link to someone if they need a look and can possibly help me out.

Thanks.

Billy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are most likely being blocked by the firewall. You should use "post" instead of multipart because the firewall most likely does not like the really long url's...

Hope this helps.

--Tom
    --Odd
    "We all live in a yellow subroutine."
    "Some call it insanity; I call it inspiration!"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Excuse my ignorance here, but will the upload still work using post. Does it still look like this

enctype="multipart/form-data"

only replaced with

enctype="post/form-data"

??
    Thank You

BIlly

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Oddity, i think you're confused about the post and multipart stuff. i assume he IS using the POST method. i don't think multipart/form-data will work w/ GET. i'm sure you had it right bneal. it should be <form action="script.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">.

there is no "post/form-data". only multipart/form-data and the default application/x-www-form-url-encoded or whatever it is.
    - Matt ** Ignore old signature for now... **
    Dr.BB - Highly optimized to be 2-3x faster than the "Big 3."
    "Do not enclose numeric values in quotes -- that is very non-standard and will only work on MySQL." - MattR

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dr. Pretty sure I had it right, but I'm willing to try anything. I'm also pretty sure that this is a firewall/proxy server issue. I'm hoping to be able to speak with whom ever it was that set up the network of my clients and maybe they can shed some light. I figure, either they can or they will tell me I'm an idiot. Either way, I'll have some new info to chew on. Thanks for everybodies help and if anyone else reads this, feel free to chime in with some advice..

Thanks

BIlly.