SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

file input: automatic fill

Hi,

I'm building an online photo album at Crosswinds. There free account however, doesn"'t support ftp

Instead, they have o online file manager, where you have to manually select each file, and which has a limit of 25 files per page...

So I tried to build a JavaScript which did the work for me.(the files are built like bla1.jpg, bla2.jpg, ...)

now, the text boxes are filled with the correct file paths, but it seems the the upload.cgi file of Crosswinds only accepts an <input type=file> tag, and no <input type=text>.

So I changed the text into file, but the a file input is read-only by JavaScript *grmbl*

Is there any alternative?? What can I do?

Thanks
    Thomas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Thomas,

Perhaps I'm misreading everything here, but I am really, really confused. You are trying to write a javascript to interface with an online file manager over which you have no control because you don't want to manually type in the file names? Ambitious, but perhaps misguided. How are you getting the javascript to recognize the existence of the manager? How do you know the manager accepts arguments?
    <input type='file'> is used for uploading files to your domain; afaik, it is not meant to interface with any program.

Vinny
    Where the World Once Stood
    the blades of grass
    cut me still

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are absolutely correct of what my aim is, not have to manually type in each file.

I just copied their html page that upload.cgi produces, and added my JavaScript to do the work...

And how I know that it only accepts file. I tried texct, didn't work, I tried hidden didn't work. The only thing that does work is file. But then I have to do it manually.

I changed hosts meanwhile, 0catch.com which supports FTP, but if anyone has a solution to my problem, I would be glad to hear it.

Cheers
    Thomas