SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving MySQL passwords

ok, this might be a simple problem with an easy fix but its getting late and im not sure what to do so here is my situation (and im a newbie too:

I have two tables in my database. One contains a whole bunch of users (this is not the MySQL database, but a user-created one updated via PHP) and passwords and profiles stuff. The Second one is a new one that im currently building. The first database contains a "Upass" field that contains password() encrypted data(ie, Upass=password('mypass'))

i need to move these password entries over to the second database and still have them be able to work like they were originally intended(ie, run with a script that takes the users input, run password() on it, and check it against the original for authentication).

i tried building a script to move the info over and automatically build it on that end, but it came out with the last couple values of the encrypted string being different from the original and therefor not work with my php script.

any suggestions or has my newbiness cut me off at the knees yet?
    signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... the votes are in

and im an idiot. literally five minutes after posting this up, i get a sudden idea on where i might be going wrong and it turns out i made a really stupid mistake (one so stupid that i will not repeat it here).
    signature