SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliminate line break when using form tag?

This might be an elementary, but I don't know of an answer to this one through my trial and errors.

It seems that when using the <form> tags, it creates a space. This was a problem when placing a form inside a table and having an object immediately above or below the tag. So, what I did was place all of the objects inside the form tags. Images, tables, everything so that it created a space before and after the area with the form in it.

Now, I am trying out Netscape 6, and it doesn't show a space where the form tag is.

How can I make is so that the form tag does not visiually create a space, regardless of what browser is used?

I know this is a little hard to understand because it is hard to explain so here is an example:

Load http://www.camaroz28.com in Netscape 4.7 or IE 5. Along the right hand side, there is a coupld of tables with forms in them. One is "Search This Site" and the other is "Team Mail Users". See the gaps between the tables vertically? That is due to where I have the form tags placed, not because of a <br> tag. Now, if you load the same page in Netscape 6, the gaps are gone and everything is touching each other.

Is there a simple way to keep this from happening? Thanks for any help!
    Jason

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can use css to remove the gaps below forms if you create a class like;

.formstyle {
    Font-Family:arial,verdana;
    Color:#000000;
    Margin:0px;
    Padding:0px
    Width:120px
    }

then place class="formstyle" in the form tag it should work at least on internet explorer.

P.S - Obviously it's only the margin and padding that remove the gap so you can leave the rest out if you still define your fonts in HTML rather than with CSS.

Hope this helps - Neil