SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image Rating "Hot or Not" Script?

I was looking to get everyone's opinion on a "hot or not" image rating script. I have a unique niche that I'd like to target with one. I recently purchased i-raters platinum script and from face value it looks great but there are some serious server load issues along with other stuff. I've seen k-rate and it looks like an option but not as nice the i-rater. Does anyone have any recommendations for me or maybe even a custom script they wrote that they'd be willing to part with (copy) for a price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a similar thread a while back. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294200. I was at the time looking for free scripts, but also linked to some that costs money and have more features. I found that I-rator was intensive and harder to modify to fit my site design. In the end I used Coppermine Photo Gallery with a Rating script addon. It was a better solution for my needs of my site. But not for your typical rating site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely go with k-rate, I used to have a site with I-rater for which i created a custom design and even tweaked with scripts to resize images once a day etc...
    in the end I had to shut it down, delete the database (saying bye bye to all the users) and convert my site to k-rate
    I'm much happier now, i just converted its buggy table layout with a CSS one (matter of 2 hours) and I'm set...it's not 100% perfect but definitely the best in its category

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, anyone try phpix? I see the site was sold here a while ago, looks like a good script too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use K-Rate. I used it before and it's awesome!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does k-rate allow the powered by k-rate to be removed if you buy the pre edition?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextway
    does k-rate allow the powered by k-rate to be removed if you buy the pre edition?
    Sorry for bringing this thread back up but i'm interested in knowing the answer to this, if anyone has any info your help would be much appreciated !

Sam
    eConseils.com - Internet marketing forum (French)