SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiring help without hiring help

For the site I'm developing I would like to hire some people to admin certain areas, is this possible without going through actually hiring someone? I would prefer not to worry about their taxes, benefits ect. Is some type contract work for this?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhorra
    For the site I'm developing I would like to hire some people to admin certain areas, is this possible without going through actually hiring someone? I would prefer not to worry about their taxes, benefits ect. Is some type contract work for this?
    Jhorra, you're more than welcome to hire anyone you want without worrying about their taxes, benefits...it's called contract work. You post around that you're hiring and you'll get responses. Make it clear that they're responsible for their own taxes and insurance, etc. and there are no problems since I believe most expect that anyway.

You do need to keep track of how much you pay them, though. You will need to send them a form (I think it's a 1099-misc) by Jan 31 noting how much they made. You will also want to claim that as your deduction so you pay less in taxes.

Tim