SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Javier Cabrera's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can YOU CHANGE today?

That's right, what can you change today? What can you change on your way of thinking, of acting? You see, we all set up goals, we all make plans. And some times, those plans don't even start. Why is that?

Maybe is because we think that tomorrow will be a great day to start. We will have less work to do tomorrow so we can do it then. Wrong, the best time to start is today. We are living on a world full of changes, those changes happen dramatically fast!

Two years from today I was on a dayjob wishing that a piano fall from the sky right on my head. Now, I'm on my own company with a good couple of clients living the "american dream". You can do whatever you want, that is the bottom line.

THE MOST PRECIOUS MOMENT ON A HUMAN LIFE is when we realise that WE OWN OUR OWN ACTIONS. We can do anything!!!

I knew a guy that was on the streets! I hand him a book just because I wanted to give him something! in a couple of weeks this guy asked me for another book! I hand him a couple of books I didn't use anymore, he was on the streets so he was pretty durty; he asked me if I can go with him to the library and talk with the people there so they allow him a pass. I did, and now he is going to the school and have a day job. Not a very impressive one, but hey, he isn't on the corner looking the clouds go by.

We can do whatever we want. This is just wonderful. You want to learn XHTML? why are you waiting for? do it!

You want to learn french? well, you aren't going to reading at this, close this window and run a search on amazon for some books/tapes. I learned english myself just watching tv-series and movies!

You want to learn CSS, PHP, ASP? Go and learn them!

Our business isn't really our business people. Our LIFE is our business. You may ask yourself why I'm posting this? Well, isn't enough to know that you can change your life AS YOU WISH? For me, that is more than enough. For me that's all.

That thing you want to do for your business, that thing that will improve your relationship with your client's, with your partners; can't wait until tomorrow. Today is tomorrow.

Things don't just happen. You make things happen.

Make it happen.
    CLEAR YOUR MIND WEBLOG
    Management, productivity and marketing for entrepreneurs

You're a developer? then you're going to love this blog!
    GET MORE OF YOUR DAY!

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Interesting (not to mention long) post...
    I do agree with the majority of it, but am not sure how it relates to business or legal issues...

SitePoint Enthusiast Javier Cabrera's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Hawk, I think business isn't just "how much I charge" or "what do I do if someone says this to me". I think business is more a motivational attitude, a proactive way of being than just a couple of technical questions.

Anybody can know the techniques on business, you just learn them and you can use them whenever you want. What is hard to use, what is hard to learn, is being motivated, beign aware that you are doing business, that you are going "solo".

Most of us had our day jobs before going into business and sometimes is hard to remember that we are the captains of our boats. Cheesy line (uh!)

I wrote that on an inspiration night and I still believe it. Yes, it sounds stupid. Yes, it is a little cheesy, but it is true after all. We are SO lucky of having the oportunity to make of our lives whatever we want.

Believe me. There are other people who don't have that choice.
    CLEAR YOUR MIND WEBLOG
    Management, productivity and marketing for entrepreneurs

You're a developer? then you're going to love this blog!
    GET MORE OF YOUR DAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea
    ProxyTor - Submit your Proxy Site for free, fast.
    Parxy.com - Find a New Hobby!

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. Good on you.