SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Number of PayPal accounts question

PayPal says that each person can have 1 personal account and 1 business account. I believe that I can also set up an account for my LLC.
    I would like to have separate Paypal business accounts for each of my websites. Is this permissable if I DBA (or not) each website name?
    I would like to have separate website account names as this may limit chargebacks...buyers would recognize the site name on their statements not just see an unknown LLC name.

Do buyers see the Paypal account name on their credit card statements or does it just say PayPal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should contact PayPal's customer service to get details on policies for creating multiple business accounts. You would not be able to add the same bank account or credit card to multiple account

Buyers will see PAYPAL* followed by your business display name on their credit card statements, unless you are using PayPal's Website Payments Pro. Payments processed through the Direct Payment API will not have "PAYPAL" appended to the credit card statement display name.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would not be able to add the same bank account or credit card to multiple account
    I was told by one PayPal representative to remove the bank account from my one account then add it to another!

Everytime I ring up PayPal support they tell me something different.

They're the 2nd most backward company, just after eBay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'buyers would recognize the site name on their statements not just see an unknown LLC name.'

If you put a footer on every page stating: This website is owned and operated by 'Yourcompanyname LLC' and you tell them during checkout that this will be the billing name on their statements (with some sort of checkbox or radiobutton), there should not be a problem with chargebacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mcrazor explained the best way to go about this and that you can just mention that they will be billed by Whoever LLC.

I do not believe that PayPal will let you have more then the 2 accounts (1 personal account and 1 business account) as it does mention this is per person.