User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paypal & Client Issue

Hello,

I recently did a design for a member from here on sitepoint about a month ago, he paid me through paypal, last night he filed a seller claim and they're going to give his money back to him. I took off my bank account so it can't pay him back through me, I have until Nov. 21st until it does it. Is there any solutions to this problem? This guy didn't even pay me fully, he was suppose to pay me $100USD but instead gave me $100CAD and I still told him I'd be nice and do the design for him.

Thanks!
    Scott

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solutions include:

1. Don't deal with faceless people you can't meet up with and kick the crap out of when they rip you off.

2. Don't be weak and cave in by accepting less than 1/10th of the agreed costs - what kind of message is that sending to the guy? Why on earth did you still do the work for him - where does 'I'd be nice' come into this situation?

3. Don't deal with Paypal unless you can accept the way they tend to do business. Paypal will suspend accounts, remove money from your account, charge you penalties and there is not really anything you can do about it as they really don't give a rat's toush.

The primary solution is to learn from your mistake and try to get paypal to listen to reason. Good luck, because at this stage you'll usually find Paypal start with the 'copy and paste' emails that don't actually answer any of questions whatsoever.

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2checkout account, is this a good alternative to go with? I also have a moneybookers as well.

Thanks!
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox
    Solutions include:

1. Don't deal with faceless people you can't meet up with and kick the crap out of when they rip you off.
    This is genius but it is true, face to face meetings are really essential although not always possible.
    The thing with meeting people face to face is that you start to build a trust with them and communications on the phone and via email become easier.

I've never had any problems with Paypal but then again I've never had someone remove their payment via it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is a solution. I have been using it for the past year to thwrd sumbags of this nature, and its quite simple.

Did he file a complaint as not received? If so, simply burn all your work onto a CD and mail it to him via registered post.

I have gotten some really harsh emails back from those who have tried to rip me off and me coming back in this manner. PayPal are not all bad.

PM me if you need any help.