SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your hours?

How many hours a day do you work on your sites and/or design jobs for clients?

Do you run a freelancing business, or create websites yourself, or both? If so, how long do you spend on related activities each day.

Also mention your age, and possibly, if you want, how much money you make from these activites (or whether you can live off what your doing or not), and for how long you have been doing this.

If you have any other comments just say them, and lets get a nice discussion going, this might become a very informative thread and helpful aswell.
    Strategic Command Center

"What's a small napoleon and where would i find one"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had a cool 9 to 5'er I'd work from 9 - 5, then eat dinner and work till 10pm.
    When I had a lame 9-5, I'd work 9-5.

As a company owner, I work 9am-1am...

ah well...

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a business owner and I work 9am to 1am as well, but during the day I take small breaks to go out for lunch or dinner, I also go workout or play some basketball. I'm 19 but I'll be 20 in one month from today. I run a web design business and also content websites, my content websites made me the most money but now I'm going full time on web design as well.

I've been doing this since I was almost 13, I was able to make more money than the average teen during high school but I could never use my full ability until I graduated last may, so now I'm making a living off of it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 year old college drop out working from around 10 am to 3 am. But guess what? I love it because it beats getting up at 6 am to drive through damn traffic every morning to get to a sh!tty job.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually get into work around 11am but I'm trying to get in a little earlier. I work pretty hard (focused with few breaks) till somewhere between 7pm and 8pm, depending on the amount of work and how I'm feeling. I used to also do a little extra work between 11pm and 2am, but lately I have been able to use that time to learn new skills or just do stuff that might be considered work but which I do for fun.

I'm 24, and I make a six-figure income, but that's gross income. The money's good but you always want more, and the cost of living here is pretty high so I'd say I'm fairly happy with my current situation but I'm still working on improvements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work on and off from when I get up to when I go to bed. If I'm in the house, I'm usually on the sofa with my lappie, but I do the stuff I need to do as well. I'm 24 and just about making a living, but projections are good.
    ...KartLink...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel much better knowing that I wasn't the only one who worked "non 8 hour days"

Like most above, my hours are long, but included in my day is time at the gym, lunch, etc. And like the above, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Oh yeah .. my hours .. roughly 7am to 8pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 17 years old (just turned) - and I have been working on the net since last year. I am making almost $20 per day (which seems like a lot and still increasing).

I only work 2-3 hours per day though - most of the time gets devoted into writing quality content and from the money I raise off of that I purchase new sites to which I write more content. That's been my strategy all along.
    ProxyTor - Submit your Proxy Site for free, fast.
    Parxy.com - Find a New Hobby!

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waaa what I am not doing right. I aint making nothing.

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually try to get in a good one to two hours a day of work on my sites.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I heard that when you start a small business, you trade the 9 to 5 hours for 5 to 9 hours (that's 5am to 9pm)

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, was the exact opposite for me. Of course, I keep busy with other things now.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm self-employed and work 9 to 5. Obviously I can work any time day or night, but those are the hours I do 95% of my work in.

SitePoint Enthusiast Javier Cabrera's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a business owner too and I didn't sleep at all this weekend. I just sleeped 4 hours on Saturday, 2 hours on Sunday.

BTW, my body is typing this. I'm sleeping on the floor with a contusion on the head.
    CLEAR YOUR MIND WEBLOG
    Management, productivity and marketing for entrepreneurs

You're a developer? then you're going to love this blog!
    GET MORE OF YOUR DAY!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same for me. Self employeed, working 24/7, no time for anything else. But I see it this way.
    "Get a job you love and you never have to work a day in your life"

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    I work 9-5 for a corporate as a developer, and freelance doing the occasional site at night. If I'm tired, I don't take on any work.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 25 and until recently had work hours similar to many of youi. Now I have a wife and two kids, so I had to cut back a bit.

My office hours are 8AM - 5PM but I'm usually working by 6 AM. I usually leave the office by 6PM to be at home for dinner with the family. Sometimes after they're in bed I'll get back on the computer for another hour or so to work some more.