SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the "befree" affiliate link is not what I want!!!!

I have an affiliate directory, what I want is that sb. click my link in the affiliate directory and I can earn cash, but the "befree" affiliate link need a small image 1 X 1 pixel near the link, this is to track the affiliate link, but I can not add it to my directory, my directory just support links, it is impossible for links and images. Anybody has the idea how to earn cash just from a link?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this same problem before, CJ includes an image also for impression and tracking purposes. Try placing the image code in your link description box.

If that doesn't work, you could create a redirect page that includes the tracking image.

Or, if you want to save yourself some work, omit the tracking code altogether. Warning: this may be against the merchants T&C, which could result in cancellation of your account and forfeit of any earnings. This is not my recommendation, use at your expense.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about MSN?

how about MSN? there is a link on the main page: Save 25% on 'Snow White' Disney DVD! Shop and Save at Amazon.com!

Is it affiliate link? how to track it?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't see the link (I'm sure it's in a rotation script). But you could create a link like this easily using the Amazon.com affiliates program.

Go to Amazon and find a product you want to sell. For this demonstration, I'll use MySQL by Paul DuBois (great book, by the way). Copy the URL of the products information page and cut it down to this format:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735709211/

Now you need to add your affiliate account name:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...09211/yourname

Then create the link title "Save 30% on 'MySQL' by Paul DuBois! Shop and Save at Amazon.com!" Link this to the affiliate address above and you'll be ready to roll.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here