SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding advertisers

I'm thinking of selling advertising on my site in the near future (http://www.computertim.com). My site has a very targeted audience of computer users. Where should I look for advertisers?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your website, looks informative. I noticed many references to different software packages (Microsoft products, anti-virus, etc), you should create affiliate links to these products. After all, how can someone learn about software if they don't have it on their computer?

For advertisers, try computer and software e-Commerce websites, training courses (that you don't provide), books about software and computers, computer repair shops (nationally recognized would do best), and anything else relating to computers or software.

If I'm not mistaken, your website is still very young. Don't pressure yourself too much into finding advertisers. First build your website. Then grow your website (promotion and marketing). Finally, find your advertisers, they WILL be interested.

It is EXTREMELY important that you don't move your feet too fast. Take it step-by-step, and very slowly. If you don't, you'll more than likely trip and fall down hard.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a very dedicated audience, you could definitely make more selling your own advertising. But with this, you have a lot more work and responsbility. You need to make the choice of selling or letting an ad network represent you.

If you want to go to the trouble of creating a media kit and handling advertisers, use this article:

http://www.ecommercebase.com/article/462

What I do is use a combination. I sell my own advertising, but when I can't fill my inventory (which is a lot now, unfortunately, with the poor state of the ad market), I use an ad company (BURST! Media) to provide ads.