SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ads should I put on my site?

CPM rates seem way too low, I mean a .50 CPM would get me $500 for every million impressions. That's not too good considering the price of bandwith.
    I'll have some pretty active forums, that's why I though CPM would be the best way to go.
    I'll also have Free Web Based e-mail, which means lots of impressions.
    I'm starting to think, I shouldn't use CPM ads though.
    Should I use Pay-per-sale?
    Does anyone know of some affiliate networks, that have programs that pay % of sale for products like:
    -Photoshop
    -3D Studio Max
    -Fireworks
    -Flash5
    -etc
    Doesn't amazon.com sell these? Should I use use amazon and hope my users don't already own these apps or aren't warez people.
    I'll probably have some CPM ads, what are the best CPM ad networks?
    $.50 CPM is as low as I'll go! I want that actually paid to me, I don't want a .50 CPM and I get a dime for the CPM.
    If I were to sell my own Ad space, would I need something like Dart to track it, or can I just use a Banner rotating script?
    Thanks for the help!

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most CPM Companies (the ones who say .5 CPM and then only give you a dime) don't like putting banners on forums, but they should have no problem with the web based email.

Amazon.com does sell those products- although you're best off using text links to affiliate instead of banners (forgive me if I misunderstood your intent there- that's just how it read- banners instead of text).

If you do want to use CPM, check out BurstMedia and FastClick, two companies which I personally have had decent experience with.

Good luck!
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try to get deals with companies, if you have targeted traffic you might even get a CPM deal but any company will offer CPA, well, almost any company..

Good luck
    Tutorials Search Engine: FindTutorials

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, What CPMs are you getting with burst?
    The burst support (About a month ago) told me the internet average CPM is $1-$3.....
    So out of that, you get what $.50?
    I know doubleclick.net pays 90% of the CPM, but they won't accept my site for at least a couple months.

If I get actually get paid a $1 CPM, I would be very happy!
    My traffic should be pretty high, but you never know.
    Assuming it's fairly high, Could I get paid a $1 CPM, or a $2 CPM and I'll get $1 CPM out of it? They take about 50% don't they?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would I go about getting these "deals"?
    Just e-mail the ad networks?

I emailed a lot of them a while back and 2 of them said there was really a need for my kind of traffic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Trulent
    Well, What CPMs are you getting with burst?
    The burst support (About a month ago) told me the internet average CPM is $1-$3.....
    So out of that, you get what $.50?
    I know doubleclick.net pays 90% of the CPM, but they won't accept my site for at least a couple months.

If I get actually get paid a $1 CPM, I would be very happy!
    My traffic should be pretty high, but you never know.
    Assuming it's fairly high, Could I get paid a $1 CPM, or a $2 CPM and I'll get $1 CPM out of it? They take about 50% don't they?
    You may get campaigns for between $1 - $3 but you got to remember they will only sell about 20 - 30% of your ad space.

I would also not hold onto the hope of getting into double click any time soon, Its almost impossible to get into and I heard they now only accept really large sites, which are well branded in unique content areas.