SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Netscape DHTML/JavaScript Animate Problem..

Basically, my website can be found here: http://www14.brinkster.com/trnelson
    I'm having the strangest problem with Netscape in my website. I just started my website, and it's using an external .js file to build the dynamic menu, located here, you can download it if you'd like...:
    http://www14.brinkster.com/trnelson/include/menu.js
    So anyway, if you check out the page in Netscape, you'll see that upon clicking the "portfolio" or "about" options in the menu, the menu expands. However, it seems as if the browser leaves a "ghost" remnant of the links that were originally there. I'm completely baffled, and it's really annoying me. I've checked it in a couple versions of Netscape now, and the problem remains, it works perfectly fine in IE, but as for Netscape, no luck. I'm familiar with JavaScript and DHTML, but by far not a professional, I just get by with what I know and learn more each day. Please help if you can, and if you need more info, please let me know. Feel free to email me a/the solution at trnelson_cc@hotmail.com.
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DegNr8,

I'd like to preface this with: I didn't go to the site & didn't download the js file. That said:

Netscape divs/layers have a tendency of allowing the underlying html to bleed up. You can play with the zIndex, but that may not help.

Then again, I may be completely wrong. If you still have the problem and the inclination, you might post the problem at the jsc forum (link in my sig) and one of the forum's Netscape regulars might give you a better solution

Vinny
    Where the World Once Stood
    the blades of grass
    cut me still

ALT.NET - because we need it silver trophybronze trophy dhtmlgod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from quickly looking the at javascript, you seem to have only coded for IE, so this is why it isnt working in NS, the NS DOM is

if you want, i can supply you with a script that supplies the DOM according to browser, tho not for NS6 cos i couldnt be bothered doing it, but if ne1 knows the DOM, could you pm it to me and ill edit it in