SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do cookies work in a frameset?

I have been having problems setting a cookie in a frameset. Is this even possible? I can't seem to find any info on this topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. It's a browser issue. IF using IE 5.5 or higher, I can't set a cookie from within a frameset. IE 5 or below or Netscape it seems to work fine. Weird...

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. It's a browser issue. IF using IE 5.5 or higher, I can't set a cookie from within a frameset. IE 5 or below or Netscape it seems to work fine. Weird...
    Are you sure? There should be a problem with this should there??
    What about if the Parent Frame is a different domain to that of the child frame ??

I'm a liitle concerned as I use one of my domains to load another of my domains in a frameset. The Inner Frameset sets and uses cookies - I have IE 5.5 and it works ok.

Anyone else with experiences with this problem? Shouldn't each frameset be classed as a seperate browser window ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The parent frame is xyzcompany.com and the child frame shows the advertisers (my site). In IE5.5 or 6, I can't set the cookie. I thought that this was a bit odd myself. Since most of my traffic is using IE5 and higher, it concerns me because I can't track where my visitors are coming from accurately.