SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Critique a new site: The Car Showcase (TCS)

Everyone,

After 4 months of hard hard work, my site is finally coming together. Right now we have begun our "pre-launch" where anyone can visit the site to look around, but alot of the main features have not yet been included. By mid-novmeber we are going to officially launch, with full features.

www.thecarshowcase.com

Basically the site is for car enthusiasts. We will have: forums, myspace-like profiles for cars, a store featuring tons of car parts and official TCS apparel that we are designing ourselves, monthly contests awarding the winners car-related items such as rims, body kits, engine parts, and more.

What do you guys think about the site? If you find any bugs let me know.

If you have any suggestions, comments, questions, post them here. I'm open to anything.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although the look is nice it is a little large for my taste, in fact too large for 800x600

Not much info telling what the site is about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW.
    That design is stunning, I love it. You have very professional looknig graphics, and the desin is easy to understand.

I'm sure this site will be a hit when you get it all up and running.

A couple of things though:
    1. I'm not sure what your logo is and how it relates to cars, but that may just be my ignorance.
    2. On the top, where you have a random picture of a car, I would not make it random and keep it a Viper! (haha, I'm jk of course but I love Vipers.)

GOOD WORK!
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the first look design looks very good but as you go on looking at it again and again you find few little mistakes in it..

I am using Opera 8.5 to view the site, screen resolution is 1200 x 800

1 - Main car Image is covering the text on top "Not a Member yet?...." may be a line break would do the job

2 - the home page looks as it has made for the google ads, because bottom part is totally blank and it ends along with the right google banner, so may be you can use a small sized banner and fix it..

3 - You can give mouseover effect on left menu in content page, cell color change in mouseover will look good

Regards
    Deep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design. It looks great. You need to use the area that says "Whilst the main site is still largely under development..." to explain what you're doing and what people can expect in the future. I know you say that you're giving a "sneak preview" but telling people what they will find is going to give them more reason to spend time looking around.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad design. The graphics used certainly grab your attention, although, a bit of white space towards the bottom of the index page does need to be filled. Overall, though, the site looks and appears to run quite nicely.
    Managing Director,
    GamerWithin.com

PC | Xbox | GameCube | PS2 | Xbox 360 | PS3 | DS | PSP