SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question IF in Javascript or something simular

Ok, i will try and explain this as best as possible and then hopefully someone will be able to help me work this problem out.

I am currently designing a site which is fully CSS Based. The site uses a DHTML navigation menu, which drops down when you roll over the options etc..

I have found a script which enables a user to customise what the site looks like, by selecting a different style sheet, and a simple cookie remembers their selection.

I have designed another 2 different style sheets, 1 in red and 1 in blue, my original is in green. And when the user selects another style sheet all the images etc.. change to the appropriate colours.

This is all great, my problem is that in the DHTML menu, the menu uses a green image as a roll over, but it looks out of place if the user has selected a red style sheet.

My question is, is it possible to select a .JS file based upon which style sheet is in use, or is there way of implementing the image in the style sheet so it changes automatically with their selection as well?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to tell us a little more about how your DHTML navigation menu work? when you say image, are you referring to the images you call onmouseover & onmouseout?

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never mind, i have found a way around it...in wasn;t a big problem, was just trying to make it with the changing design, i decided to just use a neutral colour image for the rollover on the menu. thanks for your help guys.