User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the weird world of sereal

supporting our first ever issue of besereal magazine, a mix of design and comix, we've put together a little site at www.besereal.com

please let us know what you think about it and the actionscript e-card application that's in it.

have fun.
    be whatever you wanna be! be sereal!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutley perfect, spot on, exactly what you'd expect from an arty japanese style website.

The one problem for me was the fact that the background image isn't large enough to cover the whole area of my window at 1600x1200. Perhaps you could either enlarge it, tell CSS to stretch it to fit, or finish/clean off the cloth part on the right and then tell it to bottom-align the background.

The e-card thing is very impressive, although you feel that you've 'left' the site when you click on the e-card button. Perhaps making it pop-up in a new window the same size as the flash object would be a consideration?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty snazzy. It would be easy for it to get cluttered fast, but it the content is held at the level where it's at it's quite usable.

Nice.

Mike

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too busy over all and text too small. I think you can do better. I had to look a second time to figure out where the menu was.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to copy the line:

home * mag * free stuff * not free stuff * locations * e-cards * forum * links

and then noticed while outlining the words that not all of them are visible (some seem to be the same color as the background).

My original comment was that it is very solid, very effective. The line I copied above might work better with a larger font.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i agree the design rules the picture are great for cartoons and i like the concept in reading what sereal is. I liked that you have a forum to talk in. I think the design really brings people in and that its great.