User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SPF Lifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does CJ pay or what?

I have been getting many mixed feelings regarding the Commission Junction network. In the past I read many good things about them, but now it seems as though more and more site owners are becoming disappointed with their service. What are the chances of getting paid? Our site has recently been generating a decent amount of sales and I would just like to confirm that this will all be worth it.

Check out http://www.commissionsuction.com/...that alone discourages me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mtgm; Aug 11, 2001 at 23:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Does CJ pay or what?

Originally posted by mtgm
    I have been getting many mixed feelings regarding the Commission Junction network. In the past I read many good things about them, but now it seems as though more and more site owners are becoming disappointed with their service. What are the chances of getting paid? Our site has recently been generating a decent amount of sales and I would just like to confirm that this will all be worth it.

Check out http://www.commissionsuction.com/...that alone discourages me.

Thank you.
    I've never failed to be paid by Commission Junction. I would not worry too much about that.. the bigger issue there is whether or not their advertisers will continue to use them since they're restructured and significantly hiked their fees.

Bryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I earned about $600 with them at one time and they kicked me out of the program saying I had broe the rules, which I had not, and they never responded to any of my emails.

I let that issue drop because I was still young and a new webmaster, and simply when they did not pay me I though they where a scam especially since they would not respond to my emails ever.

I kniow better these days though, If they owe you money, this goes for every program, make sure you never quit complaing till you get your money, and use the phone, email, letters if you have, anything to get the money.

SPF Lifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they definitely could use a better customer support team as I sent the following e-mail to publishersupport@cj.com on August 8th, 2001 and still have not received a response:

Dear CJ,

My current account balance reads x amout of dollars (edited out) in earnings. However, when I click on "Payment Status" just below the balance I receive the following message:

"No Payment data found for the current payout period.
    You may not have met the minimum in commissions to receive a paycheck this month. You can verify this by running a transaction report for the last payout period."

My balance is over the $25.00 minimum yet it still says this. And,
    in order to receive these earnings, do I have to request that my
    check be processed?

Affiliate ID: mike@ignmail.com

Thank you.
    If anyone could help me out with these questions that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ has a higher minimum balance for non-US accounts. For non-US affiliates, the amount is $75.

SPF Lifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My account balance is above $75.00, but either way I remember reading somewhere that this threshold is for individuals who would like to be compensated in a currency other than U.S. dollars. As far as I know all checks are written out in U.S. dollars, regardless of location unless you CHOOSE to be payed in your own currency. Am I mistaken?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is your first pay day, there will be a delay. I got my check delayed by about a month for my second account. Nevertheless I was paid in full. Never had a problem with CJ regarding payments.

SitePoint Enthusiast webman1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would give it some time. There are a lot of users who are not happy with CJ, however there are some who swear by it. I would give it a couple weeks and then start complaining.

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a problem with CJ paying...what I do question is the accuracy of their tracking system and the honesty of some of their advertisers.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't rely on their affiliate relations through email contact. They do respond, weeks later, and with an insufficient answer. Go for their gut and pick up the phone, you'll probably get a voice mail-box, be sure to leave a message. If they don't respond today, call again tomorrow. Repeat this process until you have some answers.

I once had about $450 accumulated with CJ through several different offers. One merchant, who owed me a mere $10, decided that I was cheating. CJ kicked me out along with my earnings. I called them for a week straight. Finally, it was determined that the merchant was wrong, not me. Soon after I received a check for $440.

That's the only problem I've ever had with CJ. Although I have always questioned their tracking system...
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno! Still waiting to find out!!

I chose the $US75 payout in Aus dollars and been waiting,waiting, waiting.

And trying, trying, trying to get my next pay above $20.20 where it has been *stuck* for two months!

Life's a beach!

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by tdevil
    Life's a beach!
    Whip out the sun-tan lotion and check out the ladies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been kicked out

I earned about $600 with them at one time and they kicked me out of the program saying I had broe the rules, which I had not, and they never responded to any of my emails.
    I used ISDN to sign up one pay-per-lead program by myself, one sign up, one dollar, so I decided to sign up by myself, I earned 30 dollars in an hour, but after one month, the cj kicked me out of the program, I think they have an advanced tracking system, but I still do not believe cj.com, because if someone click my affiliate program too many times, all my cash will fly away although other money is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I have been kicked out

Originally posted by Lihongjun

I used ISDN to sign up one pay-per-lead program by myself, one sign up, one dollar, so I decided to sign up by myself, I earned 30 dollars in an hour, but after one month, the cj kicked me out of the program, I think they have an advanced tracking system, but I still do not believe cj.com, because if someone click my affiliate program too many times, all my cash will fly away although other money is true.
    I don't think its very mature to joke around like this, I did not break any of there rules, and they did not answer any of my emails, You may find that to be a joke but how would you like it if a program did nto pay you and did not give you a reason why?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's joking around?

SPF Lifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who did not get paid by Commission Junction, what type(s) of advertisements were you running (Lead, Click, Sale, etc.)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mtgm

For those of you who did not get paid by Commission Junction, what type(s) of advertisements were you running (Lead, Click, Sale, etc.)?
    Lead and Click, but it was back in the day of 15 cents a click on cj and easy leads at good prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont...

I don't think they support pay-per-click anymore or something like that. So I signed up read the message and never went back :-)...

what does everyone think about Hamster.com and GoTo.com?
    ||Dave Di Biase||
    ----------------------------------
    "There are 2 secrets in life. 1) Never say everything you know."
    GFXWARS - The ultimate graphics battle!

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's correct, CJ no longer covers pay-per-click. You can try ClickXChange (they're back online!) for a number of PPC offers.

I haven't had any personal experience with Hamster.com, but the GoTo.com affiliate program has worked fine for me. Yes, I have received full payment without a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had a problem with them paying and I live in Israel. I don't hold my breath waiting for the check, so I'm not sure if they're absolutely on time or not, but they're there in the end.

The biggers problem I have with CJ these days is all the merchants that are leaving all the time. I get emails from them twice a week telling me yet another one of my merchants left them That means a lot of work in updating links and finding new products.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cj.com is one of the more reputable companies, but with July payments being delayed, one cannot help but wonder, if this is the beginning of the end for them.
    I certainly hope not.
    Internet Business - Blog about starting an Internet Business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have removed every single one of their links now. I just hope my hard earned $80 is forthcoming. They can keep the spare $22 from the next quarter. It isn't worth my time anymore searching for merchants that will fit into my website - the ones I think would do well don't get any clicks after 1000s of impressions......bye bye CJ!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since CJ dropped PPC merchants it has really been going down.
    I also think that since then, they've begun to actually fake
    the transactions as I had a definate 2 leads worth $2 each
    however they've never appeared. I needed those two and one more
    to get my cheque from tem before I leave them as the service is
    really dropping.

Before, I got a two $20 sales and $30 worth of clicks alone however,
    gone now, and I think that they are going down because of dropping
    PPC actions.

Just my 2 cents, maybe they'll realise the mistake they've made
    and bring it back and keep a few publishers!

-Peter

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ said they sent a cheque to me, but I never received it.
    They never replied to my mail.

I got a train whistle though!

Thing that bugs me about CJ is that they have some really big companies with them. I'm thinking WHY!? If those companies knew that CJ never replied to their publishers or atbest replied weeks late would those customers be so happy?
    Please take a minute to do The Ecommerce Survey
    You get a free information security report as a thank you!
    [ More info on report | The Ecommerce Survey ]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ is very reliable in terms of payments.

I've been with them for 18 months or so, and have two accounts with them. During that time I've always been paid what I was owed.

There was one time due to some strange error they suddenly sent a $1400 check to the wrong country, and email support was extremely slow. I simply picked up the phone and called them and got the problem (and a new check sent) fixed in ONE day!

In other words, their email support _IS_ sometimes extremely slow, but phone support is great.

They told me they're very aware that email support is currently too slow, and that they're trying to improve it.

Overall I highly recommend them (but I personally don't use them as much as I used to after the recent changes which forced many "non-sales" merchants to leave). For higher-value CPA or CPS they're still a great option.